Wednesday 7 September 2022

Bee-themed paving

There used to be about 20 square paving slabs behind Sue's beehives... until they got pilfered for other projects around the smallholding!

Getting hold of paving slabs is easy if you have the means to transport them and they can be had for free or very cheap on Facebook Marketplace.

But I had the bright idea of bee-themed paving! That's right. Hexagonal slabs. Luckily it only took a week or so to find some locally and a few weeks to find some more to extend the scheme.

There's no fancy patio-laying going on here. They are simply placed on the ground and have to take responsibility for settling themselves down into something approximating a flattish surface!

Sue and I are very happy with the result.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...