Monday 22 October 2012

Green Tomato and Lemon Marmalade

The green tomatoes took a lot of slicing.
Must sort out where we put the slicer on the food processor.

Monday 22nd October 2012
I'm begining to forget which way I should
point the camera to capture the sunrise.

The tomatoes I had to pick about a week ago are clearly not going to ripen any further.
In fact, one by one they have gradually been turning brown with blight.

So today we picked out the very best and turned them into this...



Green Tomato and Lemon Marmalade
Now, I'm not a great fan of green tomatoes, but this marmalade is absolutely lovely. It's tremendously zingy and the flavour really packs a punch.
From now on, I'll look forward to the end of the tomato harvest just for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...