Saturday 11 February 2012

The Back Road Revisited

Appeared from the fog and disappeared within seconds.
We missed snapping a group of 5 which gave a similar low fly-past.
But we were ready for these as we heard them whooshing toward us way before their ghostly forms emerged from the fog.

Strange Footprints!


Birding the backroad would be all or nothing today, as visibility was about 30 yards, but I took Sue for a slow drive as I had a feeling it would be an experience. And that it was. An eerie scene of silence, surrounded by an ominous fog, every twig and stem encrusted with ice crystals, the road like a giant, frozen shard of ice piercing into the unknown.

At the bridge, we found strange footprints, as the hoar frost had grown on an otherwise vanished trail of paw prints.

It was like Sherlock Holmes meets Heston Blumenthal.
(Maybe I've spent too long cooped up inside today.)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...