Saturday 5 January 2019

A New Path

4th January 2019 - World Braille Day (chosen to coincide with the birthday of Louis Braille, inventor of the braille system)

Just a couple of hours to work on the smallholding today.
After taking care of all the poultry and animals, I cranked up the hand mower. The weather has been dry for a good week here giving plenty of time for the water to seep away from the surface.

I had got it in my head to open up a new path through the young woodland area at the bottom of our land. To be honest the saplings have struggled to get going here. They have a battle against ash dieback, winds blowing across the exposed field and long grass competing with them. Only the toughest survive. I don't really mind, as the rough grass offers excellent hunting for owls and kestrels. The saplings are slowly getting there and pioneer hawthorns are proving successful at filling the gaps.

This new path will offer us a more 'scenic' route around the perimeter of the smallholding, our dog walk route when we don't have time to go further afield.

It's only a minor change but it is one which will make a small positive impact on our lives every day.
Opening up the new path

Heading down past the bottom sheep paddock

Emerging at the bottom of our land by the dyke
Most importantly the new path has been given the doggy seal of approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...