Tuesday 1 January 2019

2019 gets off to a good start

The difference between cats and dogs 
was well demonstrated by Gerry and Boris today.
2018 has been consigned to the compost bin!
The new year for me starts after the winter solstice but in the spirit of 2019, we've had a lovely 1st of January.

Job for the day was to finish a small stretch of fencing and to hang three gates for which I had  concreted the posts in a couple of days back. This is part of a big redesign of the old pig pen and spare veg patch. These have become a poultry area and willow holt alongside a small new paddock.
More on this later, when it's all finished. Pictures mid-construction don't really do it justice.

The gate hanging went very well

It was a gorgeous day and I really enjoyed time spent outside with Sue and the dogs (and the chickens getting in the way wherever we worked). There was even a blackbird singing this afternoon. 
Time for a lunch break

Chickens "helping out" again
Green shoots for 2019. 
The first mangetout seedlings push their heads through the soil.
I have been working on another new hobby too. Sue bought me a pyrography pen for Christmas as I had seen somebody using this to make their plant labels. Here are my efforts so far. Only about 200 labels to go!


Fortunately we have some long evenings at the moment so there is plenty of time to balance outdoor and indoor activities.

The day was finished off with a little bit of baking. I finally got round to using the last of the carrots for a carrot and walnut cake. Topped with lumpy buttercream! … But still very tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...