Friday 24 August 2018

Going. Going. Gone!

Sunday 12th August 2018
Going Going Gone


Today saw us helping to organise an auction of smallholding goods. An ex member of the Smallholders Club is taking the envious step of moving to West coast Scotland, though they will no longer be smallholding. They kindly offered club members an exclusive auction.
There was all sorts, from a mini tractor to old tools, trailers to plant pots, pig arks to chicken fencing. Sue played auctioneer for the day and enjoyed the power of wielding the gavel.
I was quite restrained with my purchases, though I did come away with a few unexpected purchase, which I was able to transport in the trailer I bought! Not a perfect one, but good enough for collecting hay and straw from down the road. Best of all, it came full of horse manure which went straight onto the compost heap.



And in case you are wondering, Sue is currently arranging to have the boat transported into her school playground for the children to play on.
There was also a rather special outdoor table and bench, carved from a single oak log, which I had admired at this property since I first visited about five years ago. Needless to say, we are now trying to arrange to have that transported to our place too.
If the plan comes off I'll show you pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...