Saturday 12 May 2018

The Little Things I Notice

Friday 27th April 2018
The week didn't hold much excitement apart from this amazing rainbow which appeared over the fields while I was driving back from work. I could only quickly snap it as I pulled up in the oncoming lane and the picture doesn't really do it justice.



I try to notice something new on the smallholding every day. It may be a new sapling I'd not noticed before, a plant coming into flower, a hedgehog dropping, anything really. I don't know what it will be till I see it.

This week's notable things have included:

Newts in the pond

There are pond skaters, diving beetles, whirligigs and water boatmen too. I've not even put any plants in yet or finished the edging.

A pair of mallards appeared early one morning too. Apologies for picture quality, but it was taken through the window to avoid flushing the birds.


Mushrooms growing in the orchard



Snails

Ashy Mining Bees - a lovely little grey and white bee which I observed nuzzling into the soil deep down in the grass. Not rare, but the first time I've seen one and identified it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...