Saturday 2 August 2014

Married At Last!

 
Sue and I have been together for 27 years now. It seems a long time ago that two young, idealistic students fell in love. Together we've seen a lot of life since then, a life which has brought us eventually to our smallholding here in The Fens. Some of the dreams I had back then as a student have finally come true.
 
My blog has been a bit sparse of late, but now you may be able to work out the reason. For preparations have been happening for a rather special occasion. Every day of those 27 years we have spent together has seen Sue and I grow closer together. Not wanting to be hasty, yesterday we finally got round to getting married!
 
It was an absolutely perfect day, the ceremony, the meal, the ceilidh and barbecue. The sun stayed shining and we spent a wonderful day with friends from our old and new lives.
 
I'm not one to enjoy being the centre of attention and this is the first chance I've had in two days to step out of the limelight and spend a little me time just relaxing and reflecting. As amazing as yesterday was, I'm really looking forward to life settling back down again for a while now. Just me and the wife!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you both. It is so good to hear good news be happy

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...