Wednesday 31 October 2012

Pumpkins for Halloween


Wednesday 31st October 2012
Is that a pumpkin appearing in the sky?



Stuffed pumpkins - delicious!


Pumpkin and Bacon Soup bubbling away in the cauldron!












 

Well, it just wouldn't be right not to eat pumpkins on Halloween would it?

The only nightmare today though was the howling, and surprisingly cold, south-westerly wind.

And if anybody comes by trick-or-treating I'll eat one of those Hundredweight pumpkins! It's a cold, dark night out there and we're a long way from any reasonably sized habitation.
 
So, outdoor jobs for the day were limited. The main one, which I accomplished on my own and with astounding efficiency, was moving Daisy up to the stable blocks where she can hopefully give birth to her next litter in about a week's time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
She is familiar with the route now and just followed me all the way into the stables, where she settled in very quickly. It is a bit boring for her in there, but it is the safest place for a gang of newborn piglets.
 
 
 
The other job for the day was somewhat more traumatic, for I needed a haircut. In fact, I have needed a haircut for quite some time now, but I do like the wild Crusty The Clown look! Anyway, today I was well and truly shorn!
SCARY hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...