Thursday 30 August 2012

Just when you thought it was safe to venture into the courgette patch!

Thursday 30th August 2012
The wind went northerly and the showers blasted through.

 
A week ago the march of the courgettes seemed to be slowing. I should have realised this was just down to a spell of dry weather. As soon as the soil was dampened again, off they went again! And, with the help of those wonderful plants, I may soon actually be turning water into wine, as I have found a recipe for courgette wine!
 
It's available here...http://www.courgetterecipes.co.uk/ along with a pretty good selection of other courgette ideas. Though I'm reckoning there will still be enough to keep the chickens happy and maybe even some left over for the pigs.

 
We took another harvest from the bean plants today too.  The purple teepee do, of course, quickly turn green on cooking. The yellow varieties, I find, are hard to beat for their sweetness and crisp texture.

And I've left the haricots and black-eyes to plump up for their beans. If the tomatoes ever get going I may prepare a few batches of alternative baked beans.
All these beans from a £1 seed packet from the cheap shops! They've earned their place in next year's plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...