Wednesday 25 July 2012

Polytunnel: Part 4 - The Marathon continues

Wednesday 25th July 2012
A fine start to the hottest day of the year.
Well, tomorrow is Cover Day. But I'm only about a third of the way through the instruction manual and the stables are still full of metal pipes and wooden battens!
With more Giant Meccano to assemble, then four doors to make, the door frames and the wooden base rail, this job is becoming a bit of a marathon. I have resigned myself to more deadline slippage, despite long, long days working in the extreme heat.
In fact, I'm really pushing my luck on the weather now. It's got to change soon. It may be that getting the cover on has to wait for the next spell of hot, windless weather. After all, I've only been waiting ten months for a suitable spell of weather!!

All this effort had better be worth it in the end.


The side ridges go on. Another wind protection feature.

A welcome couple of hours
building the doors out of the sun.

I've gone for double doors,
front and back,
to ensure enough ventillation.

Only trouble is,
four doors to make, not one.

It's a good thing I love working with wood.
Much prefer it to metalwork.



Last job of the day:
Make a start on the door frames.
The posts are sunk into holes and fixed to the metal door rail.
Tricky part is getting everything vertical.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...