Sunday 22 July 2012

Polytunnel: Part 1 - The Foundations

Sunday 22nd July 2012

Still summer. Just look at the sky in these piccies. And shadows too!
The polytunnel begins.
Back still bad. All holes dug very gingerly.

First job, mow the area very short, so nothing gets lost in the grass.


Step 1: dig a hole in one corner, drive in foundation post.

This is the anchor plate.
18 of these buried underground should stop the polytunnel flying away.

All that work for this!
The first foundation tube in position.

Repeat for all corners, after triple measuring then measuring again!
In a true rectangle, the diagonals measure the same.
Otherwise it's a parallelogram.
Useful mathematical knowledge.


Dig lots more holes, at 5 foot intervals.
I chose to go for closer hoops as one measure against the winds
which will buffet the tunnel out here in the fens.

Dig more holes!
I have chosen a nice flat site (not difficult)
in the most sheltered part of the garden.
Convenient to all facilities too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...