Saturday 14 July 2012

OOPS!!

You can't park there, mate!





Not much happens out here, stuck between the major conurbations of Holbeach Drove and Holbeach St Johns. So it was very exciting when Sue came in this morning and told me there was a lorry in the ditch just across the road. For a while they even closed the road.
Saturday 14th July 2012
Menacingly dark skies threatened all day,
but their bark was worse than their bite.
Today my body was having an achy day, so I decided to give it a complete rest. Apart from the lorry in the ditch, three events vied for second place in the excitement stakes. A barn owl quartering the meadow right in front of me at sunrise was not that unusual, but always a delightful sight. We got four intact eggs today, the best haul for a while. And finally, a foray into Holbeach where I stocked up in the hardware stores - straining bolts and staples so I can finish the fencing whenever I choose.

Life was never this hectic in London!!




 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...