Wednesday 6 June 2012

Venus transits The Sun

Space is a big place. So when something unusual happens, typically one thing passing in front of another, it stirs up a lot of excitement. I have to say, I normally end up being underwhelmed. To me, some of the beautiful and stunning sunrises and sunsets I've experienced, as well as sights like the moon two nights ago, totally eclipse these more unusual events (forgive the unintentional pun).

So, I would be rewarded for my diligent sunrise awakenings this year with a view of Venus passing in front of the sun. And here it is! ...

Wednesday 6th June 2012
Venus passes in front of The Sun
(please e-mail me if you would like an uncompressed version!!!)
That's the other thing I forgot to mention. We are battling against the odds to witness any cosmic phenomena. At the end of this year I'll calculate the percentage of mornings when cloud did not fill the horizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...