Friday 1 June 2012

The Queen.


Friday 1st June 2012
A dreamy early morning sky
 


The Queen!
No, not the bees again. I mean the Queen.
For today was the Jubilee party at Sue's school and I was required to attend. It was actually a very enjoyable afternoon and good for the children to be part of the traditions and celebrations.
Pictures courtesy of Heart's Angels (Heart FM)

As you can see in the picture above, it was nice that the queen herself was able to attend and seemed to enjoy the recorder rendition of The National Anthem.

On a more serious note there was a lovely moment when the oldest woman in the village (90) opened the wildlife garden. She attended the school when she was a child, as have the next three generations.
Lots of parents came along and it was great that the school could again stand at the heart of the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...