Thursday 3 May 2012

Cream Legbar and Indian Game chicks

Thursday 3rd May 2012


The chicks are growing at an alarming pace at the moment. They are a cheeky bunch, taking every opportunity to escape from their protective coup, running and leaping and flapping. One even squared up to the cockerel the other day!

The two grey birds are Crested Cream Legbars, layers of blue eggs. The other two are Cornish Indian Game. The female will be used to produce the next generation of birds for meat. The male will be the first generation of meat! So let's not be getting too attached eh!

Today I begin my very limited diet prior to total starvation tomorrow and my hospital visit on Friday. I am on a low fibre diet, basically anything that's white seems OK. I have eaten bulk standard white bread for the first time in a while. Surely that's not what bread was ever supposed to taste like!

Anyway, I did manage to concoct this rather wonderful fish pie out of my list of permissible foods.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...