Thursday 1 March 2012

Sun facts

Thursday 1st March 2012
Blue sky but fog over the fields.

Seeing all those sunrises together in yesterday's post I noticed how the sun appears to creep a little further along the horizon every morning. Although not systematically all taken from the same spot, just look how far it moved in one short month.

2nd Feb

25th Feb

Sun facts

1. The sun is so hot that you would need a very, very long thermometer to measure its temperature.
2. The sun is so far away that it would take a chicken at least its whole life to fly there.
3. The sun appears bigger on some days than others. This is not because it is falling down to earth.
4. Contrary to many ancient myths, the sun is not really pulled across the sky by a chariot, or any other divine device.

Saw this on the way home from work today.
Stuck the camera out of the car window as it flew alongside.
Heavily cropped. Not a bad pic, considering I didn't actually stop the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...