Saturday 11 February 2012

Hoar frost

Saturday 11th February 2012
The world beyond the dyke has disappeared!
I am not a good enough wordsmith to describe the beauty created by the hoar frost this morning. It only seems to happen when the temperature reaches minus ten. It's like those crystals you used to grow, but on everything, even the tiniest thread of spider web. A magical world.
I'm probably not a good enough photographer to capture it either!

















This Marabou came back on the plane
with us from Zambia in 1988.
He's not used to this!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...