Tuesday 14 February 2012

Hitting The News

Tuesday 14th February 2012
Valentine's Day
The Coldest Place In Britain
Several people have told me that Holbeach hit the record books last Saturday night, and as I sit here watching the local weather, I see that Holbeach recorded the coldest temperature of anywhere in the UK this winter. -16 degrees C.
I seem to remember in my "Signs of Spring" post, I remarked that there would probably be a cold snap before the spring equinox. I didn't mean that cold, but I'm sure it has done a lot of good.
The Most Dangerous Roads For Young Drivers
After my recent comments about how risky the roads in South Holland can be, I see on the news that our roads have been found to be the most dangerous for young drivers in the whole country.
It's not often in this rural part of South Lincolnshire that we make any sort of national headlines. Now twice in a week.
I am in the News!
Well, only in a very small way. Yesterday a photographer from the Lincolnshire Free Press visited to take some slightly posed and embarassed pictures of me with my recently planted forest of plastic tubes!
I'll be looking out for this publication in the next couple of weeks, as well as The Spalding Guardian. If I find it, I'll provide a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...