Saturday 11 February 2012

Grumpy Pig


Don't worry, the signs are out of view of the pigs!

Continuity editors may spot that the snow has suddenly disappeared from one of these scenes.
Anyway, the legs and trotters are pretty much sold already. Although, if anybody out there wants to buy a whole pig, or a half, we could keep a couple of legs back.

Annoyingly, Curl lost his eartag sometime in the last day. Probably scratching too vigorously or play fighting with Squiggle. However he did it, it meant it needed replacing, and that wasn't happening when it was minus ten! I could do it tomorrow, but if it made the pigs more tetchy, I need to lead them up to the stables and into the trailer in the afternoon. Could be a right carry on with two tetchy pigs. By this afternoon it had warmed up to a warm minus 6, so I poured oodles of food around my feet and tried to hold onto an ear for long enough to pierce it. Patience is the key to success with pigs, as I have said before. Patience is not always one of my virtues, though it is growing on me. Eventually a sharp squeeze, a brief squeal and normality was resumed.

Actually, these signs went up a couple of days ago. Producing our range of country fare is one thing, selling it is another!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...